The Beem Service
We agree to provide you with the Beem Service. The Service includes all the Beem products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance Beem's mission: To bring you closer to the people and things you love. The Service is made up of the following aspects:
Fostering a positive, inclusive, and safe environment
Developing and using technologies to grow our community
Organizing and analyzing information for our growing community is central to our Service. A big part of our Service is creating and using cutting-edge technologies that help us personalize, protect, and improve our Service on an incredibly large scale for a broad global community. Technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning give us the power to apply complex processes across our Service. Automated technologies also help us ensure the functionality and integrity of our Service.
Ensuring a stable global infrastructure for our Service
Research and innovation
We use the information we have obtained to work with our partners and service providers to study our Service and collaborate with others on research to make our Service better, contribute to the well-being of our community and help businesses who use the Service measure the effectiveness and distribution of their services and messages.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments to us:
Who Can Use Beem
We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to the below few restrictions in order to be part of the Beem community:
- You must be at least 13 years old or the minimum legal age in your country to use Beem. However, if you are under 18 years of age, you are to obtain the prior consent of your guardian prior to using Beem and its Services.
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments related to the Services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
- You must not be a convicted sex offender.
You must be an eligible person. For the purposes of these
- has not been convicted, indicted or subjected to any similar criminal sanction, by any court or governmental body of competent jurisdiction, for engaging in money laundering or financing of terrorism or any objectionable practice.
is not included in any list (as updated from time to time)
of sanctioned Persons promulgated by, among others,
- The United Nations Security Council or its committees pursuant to Security Council Resolutions 1267 (1999), 1373 (2001) or related or successor resolutions in connection with money laundering or financing of terrorism matters (reference being made to www.un.org/terrorism).
- The World Bank (including the World Bank Listing of Ineligible Firms & Individuals from time to time).
- Persons, groups and entities to which the Council of the European Union Common Position 2001/931/CFSP on the application of specific measures to combat terrorism applies.
- The European Union consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to financial sanctions issued pursuant to the Common Foreign and Security Policy of the European Union; or SDN lists of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Your Commitment to Beem
Providing a safe and open Service for a broad community requires that we all do our part. As such, you must take into consideration the following:
- While you do not have to disclose your identity on Beem, you must provide us with accurate and up to date information (including registration information). Additionally, you may not create an account for someone else unless you have their express permission.
- You agree that the sole purpose of registering on or using Service is to be a user to enjoy the Service provided by Beem or any of our products, and you shall not use Service in any manner for any illegal purpose under the applicable law.
- You agree that use Service does not provide access to any Emergency Services or Emergency Services Providers.
You shall not engage in any of the following activities:
- Impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
- Do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose or assist anyone else to do any of the foregoing.
- Send illegal or impermissible communications such as bulk messaging, auto-messaging, auto-dialing and the like.
- Do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
- Attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways. This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express permission.
- Attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users.
- Post private or confidential information of others or do anything that violates someone else’s rights, including any intellectual property rights. Learn more, including how to report content that you think infringes on your intellectual property rights, here.
- Violate the generally acceptable moral and religious conduct of any jurisdiction.
- Promote indecency, pornography, terrorism, and any form of radicalization.
- Use a domain name or URL in your username without our prior written consent.
Engage in Objectionable Practice. For the purposes of
- Corrupt Practice means (a) the promising, offering, giving, making, authorizing, insisting on, receiving, accepting or soliciting, directly or indirectly, of any illegal or undue payment or advantage of any nature, to or by any person, with the intention to, or the knowledge that such payment or advantage may, directly or indirectly influence, whether as inducement or reward, the actions or decisions of any person, including causing any person to refrain from any action or decision; or (b) any action or omission which is prohibited in any applicable jurisdiction by law or regulation relating to bribery or corruption.
- Illicit Origin means any origin which is illicit, criminal or fraudulent, including without limitation, corruption, terrorist financing, and tax evasion.
- Money Laundering Activities means process of moving funds of Illicit Origin through a cycle of transformation in order to create the end appearance of legitimately earned funds. The process of moving funds consists of providing, receiving or assisting in transfer of funds.
- Objectionable Practice means any corrupt practice, fraudulent practice, money laundering activities, terrorist financing, sanctionable practice or obstructive practice.
- Obstructive Practice means (i) deliberately destroying, falsifying, altering or concealing evidence material to the assessment or the making of false statements to those performing the assessment, in order to materially impede an assessment of allegations of a corrupt practice, fraudulent practice, money laundering activities, or terrorist financing and/or threatening, harassing or intimidating any party to prevent it from disclosing its knowledge of matters relevant to the assessment or from pursuing the assessment, or (ii) acts intended to materially impede the exercise of Beem’s access to contractually required information in connection with an assessment of allegations of a corrupt practice, fraudulent practice, money laundering activities, or terrorist financing.
- Sanctionable Practice means any business activity or transaction with any entity, individual or country which at or during the time of such business activity or transaction is included on the lists of sanctioned entities, individuals or countries published and updated from time to time by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the US Department of Treasury (OFAC), the European Union or the United Nations.
- Terrorist Financing means financing terrorists, terrorist acts and terrorist organizations.
You may report any improper or offensive conduct or content to us using our Contact Us feedback channel.
Permissions You Give to Us
As part of our agreement, you also give us the permissions that we need to provide our Service. As such, by using our service and agreeing to the Terms of Service, you agree and accept the following:
- We do not claim ownership of your content, messages or communications but you grant us a license to use such activities to enhance or modify the features we offer.
- You give us permission to use your username, profile picture, and information about your relationships and actions with accounts, ads, and sponsored content.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining secrecy and confidentiality of your account details where the content, messages or communications are posted. You are fully aware that you are also solely responsible for the consequences of granting use by a third-party of your account, directly or indirectly.
- You agree that we can download and install updates to the Service on your device.
- You agree that you are responsible for all carrier data plans, internet fees and other fees and taxes associated with their use of the Service.
Additional Rights We Retain
By using our service and agreeing to the Terms of Service, you agree and accept the following
- If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Service (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content but not your content.
- You can only use our intellectual property and trademarks, or similar marks as expressly permitted by our Brand Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You must obtain written permission from us or under an open-source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Content Removal; Terminating Your Account
- Content, messages and communications you delete may persist for a limited period in backup copies and will still be visible where others have shared it. This paragraph, and the section below called “Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree,” will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree
By using our service and agreeing to the Terms of Service, you agree and accept the following: If you use music on the Service is also subject to our Music Guidelines, and your use of our API is subject to our Platform Policy. If you use certain other features or related services, additional terms will be made available and will also become a part of our agreement. For example, if you use payment features, you will be asked to agree to the Community Payment Terms. If any of those terms conflict with this agreement, those other terms will govern:
- If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
- Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waive.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Who Has Rights Under This Agreement
By using our service and agreeing to the Terms of Service, you agree and accept the following:
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
- Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
Who is Responsible if Something Happens
By using our service and agreeing to the Terms of Service, you agree and accept the following:
- Our Service is provided “as is,” and we can’t guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. To the extent permitted by law, we also disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement.
- We do not control what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content).
- We are not responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our Service.
- Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called “liability”) is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, we may not know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account.
- In no event shall Beem, its officers, directors, employees, or agencies, affiliates, service providers and internal service providers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising (in any manner whatsoever) out of or in connection with (i) errors, mistakes, omissions, or inaccuracies in the Service; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Service; (iii) any unauthorized access to your secure servers and/or all personal information therein; (iv) any interruption or cessation of use or Service; (v) any bugs, virus, trojan horses, or the like, which may transmitted to or through our servers by any third party; (vi) any loss or damage incurred as a result of your use of the Services; or (vii) any delay, failure, interruption or errors in connection with the Service, whether based on warranties, contracts, torts, or any other legal theory, and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages. The limitation of liability under this provision shall apply to the full extent permitted by the applicable laws in any jurisdiction.
How We Will Handle Disputes
- The arbitration shall be conducted by one arbitrator to be appointed by agreement between the parties or, if no agreement is reached within 10 Business Days of a party proposing an arbitrator to the other party in writing, such arbitrator as shall be determined by the LCIA on written request by either party.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions. However, we may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless, Beem, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, attorneys and employees from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees and expenses, arising out or relating to:
- The determination by in any jurisdiction that you have improperly utilized the Services to violate the laws and regulations of such jurisdiction.
- Your supplying inaccurate, out of date, errors or omissions, or otherwise incorrect information in relation to your use of the Service.
- The violation of any rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary rights by you or anyone using your account. Bee reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by the user. If we do assume the defense of such a matter, you will reasonably cooperate with Beem in such defense.
Updating These Terms