Collection of Personal Information
You acknowledge and agree that when you sign up for Beem account or use the Services, Beem will collect personal information provided by you, such as: name, email address, mailing address, cell phone number or other phone number, credit card or other payment information, location, and any other information you choose to provide as well as log information (device information, IP address, page visited). This includes technical and behavioral information about your use of the platform and such personal information is used to allow you to obtain the Services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Services.
- To help us better understand your needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services and experiences across the Services.
- To help us address problems with and improve our app and website design, products and the Services.
- To enhance your experience when communicating via the Services.
- To analyze trends and statistics, audits, develop new products, enhance our app and website, improve the Services, identifying usage trends for our website and determining the effectiveness of campaigns.
- To protect the security or integrity of our app and website and the Services, including to perform security analyses to verify that the Services are working properly and have not been compromised.
- For internal and operational use, such as to enable the app and website to function.
- For other purposes when in identified or aggregate form and when we use your credit card information to process your payments.
In addition, for the purpose of optimizing users’ experience, Beem may gather additional information associated with the update of the Services, for example, when you access Beem, we collect information to allow us to understand the popularity of certain services, as well as the information on browser software, in order to optimize the Services.
Personal Information Management
In order to provide the Services to you and to improve and enhance the Services and our products, Beem may use your personal information provided our use:
- is required by law or regulations;
- is authorized by you (by your consent in clear terms);
You can use your Privacy settings to decide:
- Whether your profile is publicly available.
- Whether your status is publicly available.
- Whether you will be able to receive Direct Messages from anyone on the platform or just your connection.
- Whether others can find you based on your contact information.
- Whether you want to block other users.
- If you want to use the tools on our website, such as the Beem Contacts Import tools.
In addition, you agree that to the extent permitted by current laws and regulations, Beem may use your personal information for marketing purposes, including but not limited to presenting or providing you with the advertising and promotional materials on the Beem platform, notifying you of or recommending the Services or product information to you, and/or any other information that might be of interest to you based on your use of the Services. Such advertising and promotional materials might also include the options that you select for Information Sharing during the authorization related activities, for example, when you are adding a friend, or adding a dynamic new landmark, or using the Beem Contacts Import tools. You can change settings to change the notifications that we make in your Privacy settings at any time.
Personal Information Protection
Beem will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard and ensure the protection of your personal information. Beem has and will continue to take the following measures to protect your personal information:
- Encryption of users' personal information using an industry recognized best practice methods.
- Use of passwords to protect personal information as may be appropriate.
- Restriction of access to personal information to authorized personnel who are subject to duties of confidentiality in connection with their role.
- Other security measures which Beem considers reasonable and necessary.
Even though Beem has taken the above reasonable and effective measures and such standards meet relevant laws and regulations, we can of course not guarantee that your personal information will be secure when it is used in communications over an insecure channel. Therefore, users should take active measures individually to ensure the security of personal information, such as: change your account password on a regular basis, and do not disclose your personal information, such as the account password to any other person.
You acknowledge that the personal information protection measures provided by Beem only apply to Beem platform, and once you leave Beem’s site, including where you click on a link and browse or use other third-party websites, services and content resources, Beem will have no ability and obligation to protect the personal information that you submit to such third-party websites.
Access to and Modifying Personal Information
You have control over the personal information you share with us. When you have completed the account registration with Beem, you can access, update or modify the personal information you have submitted to Beem. For example, if your personal information changes, including that you update your profile or contact details. Under normal circumstances, you can browse and modify the information submitted by you at any time, but for security considerations and identification purposes (such as account complaints services), you may not be able to modify some initial registration information and authentication information provided by you in the registration process. You can also contact us as described in the section “How do I contact you?” below or use the contact us feature on the app.
How Do I Make Choices About Receiving Promotional Communications?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you would prefer not to receive promotional information or would like to unsubscribe from Beem messages and SMS you receive from us you can let us know by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below or use the contact us feature on the app. However, you should note that you are required to maintain a contact telephone number to access the Services.
You may have certain rights in connection with your personal information, depending on the jurisdiction in which you live, including if you live in the European Union or the United Kingdom. These rights may include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting portability of your information.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact at us as described in the “How do I contact you” section below. We may verify your identity before we complete any request.
California Residents Privacy Rights
We will only retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, or if needed or permitted to provide you with the Services. We may also retain and use your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse on the website and enforce our Agreements.
Cookies can help a website to identify registered users, calculate the number of users and the frequency with which they visit the website. They can also be used by websites to determine whether the registered user has logged in. Beem only uses cookie information for the purposes of enhancing the quality of the Services and our products and optimizing the user experience.
If you don't want to store your personal information in a cookie, you can change your browser settings to "Reject Cookies" or "notify me when the website sends cookies". However, if you deactivate cookies, this may affect your ability to access Beem or fully enjoy the Services. If you do not disable cookies, you may receive the following message: whether the user information should be retained to simplify the registration procedures when next time you enter this site (such as one- key login).
If you are using the Services in a jurisdiction which imposes data localization requirements on certain categories of data, you understand that, to the extent permissible by law, we will deem any data we receive from you as data which is not subject to any localization requirements.
Special Protection of Children’s Personal Information
How Do I Contact You?